Although she became an accountant because she liked working with numbers, Brenda credits her 30-plus-year career to a love of working with people. Since joining JAK in 2008, her practice has revolved mostly around helping families and older adults plan for the future. And she couldn’t be more fulfilled.
As the leader of the firm’s estate, individual and trust tax area, Brenda strives to bring peace of mind to her clients—whether it’s helping them sort through a big mess (her superpower!) or think through their financial future—each day. To Brenda, every client is a V.I.P., and she’s determined to make every client feel like one.
The people who matter most to Brenda are the ones she calls family. When her clan gets together, she’s usually behind the lens, capturing memories that she’ll later place carefully in her scrapbook. She lives for getting up to the lake, and she also enjoys reading, watching soccer, and cheering for the Minnesota Wild. She says the best days are when she’s able to do something for others.
- Director since 2013
- Brenda joined the firm in 2008
- More than 25 prior years of experience in public and private accounting
- Brenda started her accounting career in public accounting. She then worked for her largest client in the private sector. After some time off following the birth of her first child, she returned to public accounting specializing in tax and financial advisory services.
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting, University of Minnesota, 1983
- University of South Dakota — Degree not earned
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of Twin Cities North Chamber
- Member of Twin Cities Estate Planning Council