Joy started at JAK right out of college in 2002. She’s never second-guessed her decision to join the firm—she appreciates JAK’s team approach and work-life balance, as well as the opportunities it provides for leadership and growth. With an eye for presentation and attention to detail, Joy feels right at home as a director in the firm’s attest group.
One of the things she loves most about her role is the chance to help clients get past challenges that might otherwise cause them trouble. She takes pride in delivering a great product, knowing that her work has the potential to make a tangible difference for her client. Above all else, Joy wants her clients to think of her as a resource when they have a problem.
Joy makes being there for her friends and family a priority, too. She’s always up for grabbing a bite to eat or catching up over happy hour. Summertime is her favorite—you won’t catch her indoors. Instead, you’ll find her enjoying the sunshine with her sweet pup in tow. She also spends time volunteering with the local Dollars for Scholars® group, and with Habitat for Humanity.
- Director since 2013
- Joy joined the firm in 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting and Finance, University of Minnesota, 2002
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2004
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of Association of Women Contracts (AWC)