For Kyla, it’s all about relationships. She admits to geeking out over the balancing of debits and credits and the unending wonders of Excel spreadsheets, but it’s getting to know her clients—and sharing in the joys of their journeys—that has kept her in the game for more than a decade.
Kyla came to JAK in 2005 after starting her public accounting career a year earlier. As a partner, her role ranges from guiding clients through financial statement-related issues to assisting business owners in the transition of ownership. Her CVA education helps her guide clients through succession planning. Much of her practice is focused on the construction, manufacturing and retail segments; she says she feels a sense of pride when she happens upon a building one of her clients built. Nevertheless, this self-proclaimed Excel nerd is particularly fulfilled when she can reveal a spreadsheet trick that streamlines a client’s processes. It’s the little things, right?
Relationships are number one for Kyla at home, too. She’s diligent about setting aside time for her husband and their children, and she makes it a point to visit family and friends as much as possible. Gardening and yoga are two of her favorite ways to unwind.
- Partner since 2018
- Director since 2014
- Kyla joined the firm in 2005
- 2 prior years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Wisconsin – Eau-Claire, 2003
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), 2018
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2007
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Member of Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women (MNCREW)