Website John A. Knutson & Co., PLLP
Our Numbers Are Just Right
Entry Level Staff Accountant – Fall 2018 Hire Date
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints. You will receive experience in both attest and tax related projects.
• A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
• The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
• A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
You have (requirements):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- Either hold a current and valid CPA license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the Minnesota CPA exam.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Positive, enthusiastic energy
• The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
• A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A desire to learn
• Leadership skills
You will (job responsibilities):
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and financial statements using computer software programs.
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts.
- Performs schedule computations of accruals, property & equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
- Perform audit or review procedures, as assigned by supervisors, in allotted time.
- Complete all phases of small compilations or reviews with minimal assistance.
- Prepare corporate and/or personal income tax returns.
- Assist in proofing financial statements.
- Perform other accounting, auditing, and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Can adequately use computer software used for preparing tax returns, equipment schedules, and other functions.
- Begin to develop client communication skills.
- Show ability to manage workload, prioritize tasks, and ask questions when needed.
- Start to develop the ability to research for answers to questions.
- Represent the firm in a positive and professional manner at all business related functions.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work on Saturdays during this time period.