Chris Bertz, CPA, MBT
Direct line: 651-379-5728
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate & Partnership Tax
- Individual Tax
- Real Estate/Development
As a tax manager at JAK, Chris considers it a true honor to guide clients through the often-complicated process of tax planning and preparation. He has a gift for sorting out the details, so this type of work comes naturally to him.
Since joining the firm in 2007, Chris has worked with a wide array of clients ranging from large corporations to retirees living on a limited income. He’s grateful to be able to save the day when clients find themselves in a complicated situation, and he’s always ready to use his no-nonsense approach to help clients respond to IRS and state tax notices.
Despite his Minnesota address, Chris’ football allegiance remains in Wisconsin. For him, it’s Badgers and Packers all the way. Outside of football season, he makes time for soccer, golf and movies on the weekends. He counts his three basset hounds, Peter, Jasmine and Fred, as family members. Despite feeling annoyed at times by their excessive hair and howls, his love for these clownish canines has inspired him to support Secondhand Hounds and Basset Buddies Rescue.
- Masters of Business Taxation (MBT), University of Minnesota, 2018
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Real Estate and Urban Land Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison 2007
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2009
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)