You could say that Joann, a senior accountant at JAK, has business acumen in her DNA. Both of her parents were accountants, and many of her family members are businessmen and women. Needless to say, no one in the Wolfenberg family was surprised when Joann declared accounting as her undergraduate major.
Even as a high schooler, an understanding of accounting principles came naturally to Joann. She says it also didn’t hurt that she had a great accounting teacher who made the class very enjoyable. Since joining JAK in 2016, Joann has relied on her analytical skills to interpret the stories behind the numbers. She hopes this perspective will help clients find ways to make their businesses even more successful.
Outside of accounting, the numbers that concern Joann most are the ones found on a thermometer—she lives for spending time outdoors. During the summer she’s into fishing and water sports (wake surfing included!), and in the winter she cross-country skis and snowmobiles. A former collegiate women’s basketball player, Joann is always up for playing a game of pick-up or cheering on her favorite teams. She also makes time to volunteer with animal rescue organizations and Project Embrace, a charity that makes blankets for cancer patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Business with a concentration in Management, and Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, 2016
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2019
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women (MNCREW)