John was hired at JAK after earning a master’s degree in accounting in 1999. His history with the firm, however, dates back much further: JAK’s office is the former site of his childhood tree fort. His parents’ house is only two blocks away—and it’s where he was taught the work ethic that continues to drive his practice to this day.
As a Partner, John helps his clients adopt and implement new tax rules, and assists them in solving various accounting and tax issues. Regardless of the task at hand, he simply enjoys being a member of his client’s team. For John, being responsive to his clients’ needs isn’t an option; it’s the only option. He can go home happy when his advice has helped a client meet his or her financial goals.
Family absolutely comes first in John’s world. He can often be found practicing Tae Kwon Do with his wife and son, or planning the family’s next overseas trip. John and his wife also enjoy watching—and sometimes coaching—their son as he plays soccer.
- Partner since 2016
- Director since 2013
- John joined the firm in 1999
- University of Minnesota Guest Lecturer
- KARE 11 News Tax Hotline Guest Respondent
- Master of Business Taxation (MBT), University of Minnesota, 2009
- Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc), Montana State University – Bozeman, 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Montana State University, 1998
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2000
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Midway Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Minneapolis Certified Public Accountant Tax Roundtable