Before she started her accounting career, Karyn English served as the director of a nonprofit. This experience, coupled with previous bookkeeping and administrative roles, gave Karyn insight into challenges organizations face on a daily basis. Now, as a staff accountant at JAK, Karyn is the hero who helps her clients overcome them.
Karyn assists businesses and individuals with tax needs while also providing attest and business consulting. She lives for the moment when she can transform a client’s look of trepidation into one of confidence. The opportunity to demystify accounting and be a part of someone else’s success is why she loves her job.
Karyn’s other amazing job? Being a mom to her young son. Together, they like to ride bikes, swim, and hike. She says his curiosity leads to a lot of science experiments…and Pinterest fails. Driven by a desire to give back to her community, Karyn serves as treasurer of Hudson Daybreak Rotary, is a member of the Hudson YMCA Community Board, and is active in St. Croix Valley nonprofits.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Wisconsin River Falls, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Benedictine University, 2010
- Master of Public Health, Benedictine University, 2014
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)