Todd brings passion and compassion to the tax and accounting profession. For more than 35 years he has truly enjoyed helping businesses and people reach their financial and non-financial goals. Being a great resource for his clients and to all at JAK, he knows goals are met when using a team approach.
Since joining JAK in 1981, Todd’s role has evolved significantly. He currently leads JAK’s tax practice including income taxes, estate taxes, and sales taxes. He’s worked with clients in nearly every aspect of their financial business and now spends much of his time as a part of his clients’ business team. By utilizing all of the resources at JAK, he can bring differing perspectives and creative solutions to his clients.
With the understanding that taxes are not the only concern for his clients, Todd’s team approach to tax issues and business transfers, such as buying, selling to outside or inside parties, or to an ESOP, starts with a thorough comprehension of his clients’ goals. These goals vary from client to client. It’s important to Todd to use the JAK team to achieve each clients’ goals.
Although he’s passionate about his work as a CPA, those three letters don’t define him. Todd’s an avid traveler (he’s visited all 50 states), cookie baker (he has made over 200 plates of cookies and treats with his daughters for his church’s bake sale) and hiker (the longest day hike he’s completed was 26 miles).
- Partner, since 1996
- Todd joined the firm in 1981
- Has been interviewed and quoted in TV, radio, newspapers, and other publications
- Testified and assisted in introducing tax bills before the Minnesota legislature
- Active member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA), including leading committees and writing articles
- Guest lecturer at the Carlson School of Business
- Frequent MNCPA spokesperson on tax matters
- Master of Business Taxation (MBT), University of Minnesota, 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting, University of Minnesota, 1981
- CertifiedFinancial Planner(CFP®), 2001
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1982
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of The ESOP Association
- Elijah Watt Sells Award Winner, 1981