Get perspective from seasoned CPAs.
Sometimes a tax law development may require you to significantly change the way you do business. To help you understand how your business may be impacted, we can present a private educational seminar for you and your staff. For more information or to schedule a seminar, call our office at 651-641-1099.
2019 JAK Lunch-n-Learn Seminar Schedule
As individual and business consultants, we have a network of professionals and advisers, both internal and external, to provide education in several areas. Lunch is provided so please register through the link below and select the seminar you’d like to attend. If you would like to register for multiple seminars, please complete a separate form for each seminar. All seminars will be held in the classroom located in our 1755 Prior Avenue Building (adjacent to our main office). Please call 641-1099 with any questions or to register via phone.
Change is inevitable! Businesses are always evolving and changing. Have you thought about expanding, acquiring a business, or investing in your business? Are there opportunities you have had to say no to because you don’t have the capital? Is your partner ready to retire but you are not? These are just a few scenarios that will be discussed at this session – with SBA solutions for each.
- Transitioning business locations
- Ownership transitions
You have worked your entire life to reach the promised land of retirement. You have built a foundation, accumulated wealth in both assets and business, and now it is time to turn this wealth into a way to fund your vision of retirement. Come discuss the Why, When and How of preparing for this fun phase of life! This session will address these key questions:
- How do we maximize assets and what are the risks?
- How do we not run out of money?
- How do we create the legacy we desire?
2019 JAK QuickBooks Webinar
- Reconcile bank and credit cards
- Reconcile loan accounts
- List any new loans, lines of credits including terms and interest rates
- Verify retained earnings agree with tax returns
- Verify your loan balances agree with your financial statements and interest is properly booked
- Prepare fiscal year-end trial balance
- Make necessary journal entry adjustments for depreciation expenses and new fixed assets
- Project income or losses for tax planning
- State your asset accounts appropriately to reflect your present value and inventory levels
- List equipment purchased
- Review employee data, including address, SSN, wages and benefits levels
- Write year-end bonus checks for employees
- Add S-Corp shareholder health insurance to final payroll of year.
- Verify terminated employee data
- Verify/review benefit information for employees
- Review PTO hours for employees
- Update MN Unemployment Tax Rate before first payroll of new year.
- Verify 1099 Vendor accounts
- Verify customer and vendor accounts, merge duplicate customers and vendors
- Generate year-end forms including 1099’s, 1096’s, W-2’s, W-3’s
- Close your year
- Print out your accounting reports