December 3, 2018: Monday
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Do you want to Spark your Skills in Excel? Many of us at JAK are excel geeks! We decided we’d love to share tricks and tips excel training that we give new staff to anyone from MNCREW who would like to join us!
This class is geared toward fairly basic functions. Our JAK Excel experts will go through helpful functions of Excel to increase productivity, highlight data that meets certain conditions, and create accurate reports.
- Vlookup – ability to pull data from two spreadsheets into one such as current year budget, actuals, and comments by account with prior year amounts versus retyping the amounts from workbook to workbook
- Filters – managing data filter (filter by color, word, amount, or greater than)
- Conditional formatting – highlight duplicates or overages
- Grouping data to declutter your spreadsheet
- Basic pivot table
- Sum vs. subtotal
- View and formatting options -gridlines, freeze pane, print titles
- How to get excel to recognize a sequence ie 1-100 or days of the week without having to type each