Website John A. Knutson & Co., PLLP
Our Numbers Are Just Right
A Manager is the liaison between the partner, the client, and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the firm.
• A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
• The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
• A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
You have (requirements):
• 6 years+ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and/or accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
• 4 year degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing.
• A current and valid certified public accountant’s license.
You will (job responsibilities):
• Assumes full responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures.
• Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s business.
• Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and procedures.
• Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness. Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
• Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
• Monitors and adheres to engagement time budgets.
• Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff for accuracy and completeness.
• Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
• Resolves accounting and auditing problems as they arise.
• Keeps partner informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
• Communicates progress of engagement, problems and resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client.
• Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations. Offers guidance and direction, and gives constructive criticism of work papers.
• Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
• Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
• Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
• Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work on Saturdays during this time period.